Sunday, September 11, 2011

Drowning in the sea of love, where everyone would love to drown


So, Young Ben is away on holiday for two weeks with his mum and dad, once again leaving me here like Macaulay Culkin. Fortunately the Rugby World Cup has started as has the NFL season and the Champions League is back on later this week but I am sure I would have found time for Young Ben somewhere in my busy schedule

I was listening to one of my Spotify playlists which was made up of songs with names in the title and my family were well covered therein. My oldest son was a hit for Blondie in 1977, Ben's dad gets a mention at the end of the wonderful Beautiful Boy by John Lennon and my youngest was a hit for 10CC (no, not Donna). Ben has his own song sung by Michael Jackson (we will gloss over the fact that this haunting tune is about a rat) and his mum was a number 1 for Gilbert O'Sullivan in 1972

Whilst listening to my Playlist it struck me that I really wish that once in my life I had gone out with a girl called Sara or Rhiannon or maybe just Stevie Nicks herself.

I do remember going out with a girl called Cath....it took a lot to make her laugh...even when I called her Cathy and acted like a clown

....and then there was Ruby, never mind bent and paralyzed, I could be in bed with a cold and she would still take her love to town. Oh Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby and do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya know what ya doing, doing to me

Sue just gave me the runaround and then I found out she was a boy. Although when I called her by her full name Suzanne and told her I was sorry she did feed me tea and oranges that came all the way from China

Sylvia....her mother just hated me and her phone etiquette left a lot to be desired

Oh Mandy, why did I send her away when she kissed me and stopped me from shaking. I saw her walking on the water as the sharks were coming for me. I felt her pull me up, give me the kiss of life, just like the girl from Dr No No No No

I first encountered Mary in the fourth form. She was proud. We used to meet at her place where the wind cried her name. She had a little lamb that would lay back in her arms. She treated it like her boy child

Where it began with Caroline I can't begin to knowing but good times never seemed so good. When I'm thinking of her sleeping, I'm at home alone and weeping

I want Candy. In Candy's room there are pictures of her heroes on the wall but to get to Candy's room you gotta walk the distance of Candy's hall. Candy, pure as driven snow, come to me, you are not alone. Darling I'll bathe your skin, I'll even wash your clothes. I'm a sweet talkin' sugar coated Candy man

And finally there was the angel on my shoulder. Her name was Geraldine, she was my social worker

I leave you this week with Top 10 Songs with female names in title (not previously mentioned above)

1. Lady Lynda...........The Beach Boys
2. Layla......................Derek and the Dominoes
3. Angie.....................The Rolling Stones
4. Amie......................Damien Rice
5. Visions of Johanna..Bob Dylan
6. So Long Marianne...Leonard Cohen
7. Jenny was a Friend of Mine...Killers
8. Bernadette...............The Four Tops
9. Alison........................Elvis Costello
10. Romeo and Juliet....Dire Straits

No comments:

Post a Comment