Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Me, I funk but I don't care, I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair

So, Young Ben turned two last Saturday and celebrated with a dinosaur party at Rainforest Adventure Soft Play Centre in East Kilbride

Several guests came dressed as dinosaurs and even some of the kids also had costumes. It was bedlam. There is a large area with slides and ropes and tunnels and bridges and many other wonderful activities

I did not venture into this area but Ben took his dad and his Uncle Den on a series of expeditions into this magical land. I did notice that on several occasions long after Ben emerged from this area my two sons were still climbing and sliding away. Obviously they were just looking after one another. That's what brothers do

He received a vast array of presents including a snapping T.Rex head on the end of a stick which was excellent for terrorising passers by

Many of the presents were dinosaur themed but I also saw toys featuring Peppa Pig, Thomas The Tank Engine and Chuggington amongst the substantial collection which should just about last him until Santa comes

I bought him a Fireman Sam set as this is one of our favourite shows which we watch on our days together. Pontypandy only has about a dozen people living in the town but it has more fires than California in the dry season

Food was served in a room upstairs including jelly and ice cream and a chocolate fondue fountain. All manner of foodstuffs were dipped in chocolate even Maltesers. You can never have enough chocolate on chocolate

After a slight lull in the chaos during intake of nourishment they were off downstairs again on a treasure hunt.

All in all a fine time was had by all. In the evening Ben took his Mum and Dad and his big cousin to a Disney on Ice show at Braehead Arena featuring Mickey and Minnie and his own personal favourite 'The Lion King' or 'Baby Roar' as he likes to call young Simba

Whilst watching the Barca vs Real Madrid game on Sunday night I received a text from my son showing Ben in his new Barca strip with Ben 2 on the back. This was a present from his Uncle Den and in the words of Mr Stewart he certainly 'Wore it well'


Who knows in a few years he may be wearing one of these for real. I would be happy to see him in an Ayr top and the way we are playing this season that could happen fairly soon

So, that was the birthday weekend. He has now reached 'The Terrible Twos'. I look forward to another year of delight from the wonder that is my grandson Ben.


No comments:

Post a Comment