Sunday, July 24, 2011

You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'

In light of the horrific incidents which happened in Norway on Friday, I have been unable to work up any enthusiasm to write anything remotely light-hearted this week. Sometimes events happen in this world which are beyond normal comprehension. To me, this is one such event. I cannot understand what has been achieved by these actions.

This was not Afghanistan or Libya or Pakistan or even The USA. This was Norway.

I am at a loss to comprehend such a disregard for life

I have read on the BBC News site that the maximum sentence the suspect can receive by Norwegian Law is 21 years in prison. It appears that justice is indeed blind

1 comment:

  1. So now as I'm leavin'
    I'm weary as Hell
    The confusion I'm feelin'
    Ain't no tongue can tell
    The words fill my head
    And fall to the floor
    If God's on our side
    He'll stop the next war

    ReplyDelete