Sunday, March 25, 2012

How can I get through days when I can't get through hours

I was listening to Smooth Radio the other morning and they were talking about male and female heartthrobs. It was interesting how these have changed over the years from the likes of Newman, McQueen, Welch and Bardot back in the 60s to the 'Twilight' characters of today, who really look as if they should get out more.

Anyway this week I give you my Top 10 Female Stars who have made my heart flutter from afar over the years

1. Jane Fonda........I remember seeing Barbarella in 1968 when I was 14. My life was never the same again. Possibly the greatest ever opening scene to a movie





2. Meg Ryan.......Innerspace, When Harry Met Sally, Top Gun, The Doors and The Presidio were all in a 5 year spell from 86-91 when Meg was in her prime, although when she did Proof of Life in 2000 she still looked sensational. Just ask Mr Crowe


3. Jean Simmons..........the true reason why everyone said "I am Spartacus"



4. Jamie Lee Curtis.....Halloween, Trading Places, Perfect, True Lies, Mother's Boys.....JLC made bad movies worth watching (OK Trading Places was a good movie but she certainly added somethings to it)



5. Diana Rigg.....back to the 60s for Emma Peel in her leather gear in The Avengers. Later she even got to marry James Bond, although it didn't end well



6. Jenny Agutter.....Walkabout, Logan's Run, Walkabout, An American Werewolf In London, Walkabout, The Man In The Iron Mask, Walkabout and then she popped up in one of my favourite recent TV programmes Spooks. Oh and did I mention she was in Walkabout



7. Gillian Anderson.....I was a big fan of The X Files and she was one of the main reasons



8. Courtney Cox.....always preferred Monica to Rachel or Phoebe and she was also in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and Brucie's Dancing In The Dark video



9. Poppy Montgomery.....great as Sam Spade in the excellent Without A Trace and is the only reason I watch the truly awful Unforgettable which surely wins the prize for most inaptly named TV series



10. Raquel Welch.....with apologies to Lilly Rush from Cold Case, I had to include Raquel in my list. Famous for her prehistoric bikini in One Million Years B.C. , she was perfectly cast as Lust in Bedazzled and even managed to get both Dean Martin and Jimmy Stewart killed in Bandolero



I am going to stop there as I have just thought of several ladies I have left off this list. No doubt you have different choices but as they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

No comments:

Post a Comment